Re: CHM file print error

Subject: Re: CHM file print error
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 07:13:23 -0700

"Blaine, Karen L." <karen -dot- blaine -at- unisys -dot- com> wrote:

> When printing from the help menu of a chm file generated with
RoboHTML 2000,
> if I select "Print the selected heading and all subtopics" and
attempt to
> print, I eventually get an error
>
> AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED IN THE SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE
> line <#>
> character <#>
> Error object expected
> Code 0
> <the URL of a temp file>
>
> Has anyone seen this error, know what it might mean or what to do
about it?

First, let me say I've never seen this error (haven't played with the
product as yet, either). I did, however, do tech support for Internet
Explorer for a while.

Since you're getting a URL pointing at a temp file, you might try
(with RoboHTML 2K not running) either right-clicking the IE icon on
your desktop and selecting 'Properties' or going to the Internet
Control Panel and deleting your Temporary Internet Files and your
History files. What the heck -- while you're there, change that
20-day cache to 1.

If you recall the exact temp file name, you might also try searching
for it. Once you find it, delete it (though ideally, it should have
been caught in the last step).

Try printing your file. If it still doesn't work, try quitting
everything, open the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel. Look for
"Microsoft Internet Explorer" on the 'Install/Uninstall' tab. If it's
there, select it, and click the 'Add/Remove' button. If it's not
there, click 'Cancel;' these next steps don't apply to the version of
IE you have.

This will bring up a dialog box which offers the chance to repair IE.
Select that option. Once it's done, reboot, and try printing again.

If that doesn't work, it's time to talk to the nice folk at Blue Sky.

Hope this helps ......

--gdw

> Karen

Obligatory .sig:

"I'm gonna live forever ... or die trying."
--U4IA