RE: movie ad

Subject: RE: movie ad
From: Deborah McDaniel <DeborahM -at- captura -dot- com>
To: 'Bruce Byfield' <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>, 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:20:43 -0700

Bruce said:
<snip>
Most people's affairs aren't that complicated, and
if they can't organize themselves with a Daytimer, they won't
organize themselves with a Palm, either.
</snip>
Yabbut - when I was using a daytimer I had to write down all my personal
appointments, THEN transfer them (manually input) to my Outlook calender;
conversely, I then had to transfer all my work meeting appointments into my
daytimer *by hand.* I can't tell you how many times I forgot to update one
or the other and scheduled conflicting appointments. With a PDA, I just
synch to Outlook and only enter my personal stuff ONCE (on either device).
He also said:
<snip>
I like the idea of not always being available for work. I work long
hours, and I don't want my leisure hours interrupted by something
that can wait.
</snip>
This in reference to cell phones/pagers - hey, mine has an "Off" button and
I use it!
my .02

Deborah McDaniel

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)