Re: Incorporated: Information Needed

Subject: Re: Incorporated: Information Needed
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:08:08 -0400

On 6/15/00 10:01 PM, Peter (pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com) wrote:

>While a sole proprietorship is the easiest, you do not get
>any liability insulation. This is not a BS point. People today sue at
>the drop of a hat. There are several entities that can give you
>insulation from liabilities.

Out of genuine curiosity, does anyone out there know of a contract tech.
writer being sued about a project? I don't doubt it can happen, I've just
never heard of anyone in my circles facing a lawsuit for documentation.

I just came off of many years as a freelancer with no corporate
protection, and I'm wondering just what kind of risk I was open to
without knowing it...

Thanks,
----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman