AW: where's my font?

Subject: AW: where's my font?
From: Ballenberger Gerd <Gerd -dot- Ballenberger -at- med -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: Susan Ahrenhold <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:21:39 +0200

Interesting! Never heard of "Helvetica Neue" before.

According to Adobe, however, this seemingly "new" font is almost 20 years
old...
at least they say (on http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_060.html):

"... In the early 1980s, Linotype remedied this situation by redrawing the
entire Helvetica family. ...
This new drawing is called Neue Helvetica (German for New Helvetica), ..."

Seems this isn't the whole truth?

Gerd -dot- Ballenberger -at- med -dot- siemens -dot- de
Siemens Medical
Germany