RE: User Names + Joe Bloggs

Subject: RE: User Names + Joe Bloggs
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:50:10 -0400

Hallo:

In the US, where you can be sued for anything, I have seen no such advice. I
tend to use the names of my pets . . . for the most part, the US still
discourages lawsuits by non-humans . . . but often I'm stuck using names
created by others that exist in our database.

Joe Bloggs? That certainly does not sound American, so obviously so that it
would be distracting to an American audience?

How about Guy Gadbois. Anyone? <vbg>

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com