Managing the Internationalization Process

Subject: Managing the Internationalization Process
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:48:13 -0700

Good afternoon,

In the near future, my company is going to be looking at some fairly hefty
internationalization. Specifically, we'll require the translation of several
software products and associated documentation into several different
languages, including German, Japanese and Portuguese. It seems fairly likely
that I'll be in charge of this shebang.

That said, I'm seeking recommendations on books or online resources that
people who have undertaken this process might recommend. I've located a few,
including:

"A Practical Guide To Software Localization: For Translators, Engineers, And
Project Managers" by Bert Esselink

and what appears to be an excellent resource at
http://techwriting.about.com/careers/techwriting/msub6.htm?rnk=r3&terms=inte
rnationalization.

However, if anybody knows the one book or resource that I shouldn't be
without, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Meridian Project Systems
Manager of Documentation
604-904-0822 ext. 112