Intern

Subject: Intern
From: Sharese Terrell Willis <terrell_16 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 00:16:37 -0700 (PDT)

I teach freshmen English, and I am planning to make
the move to technical writing/editing after the
upcoming academic year. Please let me know how the
intern turns out. If anyone knows of any such
opportunities in Atlanta, let me know. I am out for
the summer, and I am off two days a week during the
school year.

Hi, there!

I just got the good news - I'm getting an intern!
But I've never had an intern before and I don't know
what I'm going to
do
with him!
:)

Our group has never had a TW intern before so I need
advice on how to
structure the program for him so that he gets the most
out of this. He
is a
Secondary school English teacher who wants to get into
technical
writing. So
to me he's almost like a peer and he's probably also a
few years older
than
me. I don't want to offend him and I'd like to help
him break into the
field.

I'm on digest so please cc me on your responses.

Thanks in advance!
~Rasil

=====
Sharese Terrell Willis