TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
I've updated the TECHWR-L Poll with a new question:
How much time do you spend on professional
development (training, conferences, self-study,
* Less than 8 hours each year
* Between 8 and 40 hours each year
* Between 40 and 60 hours each year
* Between 60 and 80 hours each year
* Between 80 and 100 hours each year
* Between 100 and 200 hours each year
* Over 200 hours each year
* NA/None of the above