Re: Consolidated index

Subject: Re: Consolidated index
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:39:22 -0400

Go for it...
I've got the following suggestions, however

- the M (as in RM, IM, and UM) is redundant. To prevent the index entries from getting too many wrap-around lines, you may just want to use the first letter.
- "I" will be difficult to distinguish from the numeral 1... you may want to consider a different letter for it.
- I haven't done this in Word, so I don't know if it's possible... can you make the space between the letter denoting the book and the page number non-breaking? Otherwise, you might get some poor line breaks. Either that, or smack the letter up against the number (get rid of the space)

...pat.

At 2:24 PM -0400 19/06/00, Suzanne Topping wrote:
> [...]

Pat Anderson,
Documentation Manager, Design Products
Alias|Wavefront
tel: (416) 874-8375
email: panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com
http://www.aliaswavefront.com