Re: Indexing in Dreamweaver?

Subject: Re: Indexing in Dreamweaver?
From: Tom Huffman <tlhuffman -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Claudia Fugalli <Claudia -dot- Fugalli -at- marshmc -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:15:09 -0400

Claudia:

There is no doubt that Dreamweaver is an infinitely better web editor
than what
ships with RoboHelp (it is basically Front Page Express). However, RH
has all
the tools necessary for Help built in--TOC, Index, compiler, popups,
pre-defined
DHTML effects, extra Help-related tools, etc.

You might be best off authoring the content in DW, and then importing
the HTML
files into RoboHTML, from where you can quickly create all the
Help-specific
stuff.

If you are dead set on using DW plus other third-party tools, then
http://www.htmlbasedhelp.com/resources/index.html
is a good resource.

What problems in particular are you having with RH?

*******