Re: [2] Intermediate tool (Word > FrameMaker)

Subject: Re: [2] Intermediate tool (Word > FrameMaker)
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "Rowena Hart" <rhart -at- xcert -dot- com>, "TechDoc List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:13:57 -0500

Maybe I'm still vague about what you mean by an "intermediate tool". I took
it to mean "a tool capable of producing a file format that is portable to
other tools with reasonable degree of fidelity and ease".

I'm puzzled, therefore, why developers would need more than Word. What must
they do that Word won't do, but would have to come across the gap to a
"higher" form of tool, like Frame? There may be a form of "intermediate
tool" that I've heard of, but I without a better glimpse into your needs
set, I can't venture a guess.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com