RE: being too picky? (long)

Subject: RE: being too picky? (long)
From: "Smith, Martin" <martin -dot- smith -at- encorp -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:13:36 -0600

This whole discussion reminds me of company where the technical writer, a
self-righteous grammar fanatic, decided to "correct" all of the "spelling
mistakes" in reference manual for a C-like programming language. That's
right, this person changed all of the keywords in the language. Then, in
defense of this ridiculous act, this person insisted that the programmers
should modify the code and learn to use complete words. The programmers won
this debate of course, which was good news for the customers, most of whom
aren't touch typists.

Martin
Technical Writer/Audiophile
Expressing my own opinions, not those of my employer