Re:FUN: question about recruiters (plus a little venting)

Subject: Re:FUN: question about recruiters (plus a little venting)
From: "John Prince" <JPrince -at- e-talkcorp -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:08 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. The consensus was to be firm
but polite (which is how I tend to be anyway).

However, the same 'ol same 'ol is continues. Case in point, about five minutes
ago:

Recruiter: Mr. Prince.

Me: Yes?

Recruiter: This is slick Sammy from Tech Jobs R Us, I have a some GREAT
opportunities I know you're perfect for.

Me: Did you get my resume' off of monster.com?

Recruiter: Yes.

Me: Terrific. Then you know that I am only looking for permanent positions,
right? Tell me about the opportunities you have.

Recruiter: I have two loooooong-term contracts and one contract-to-hire.

Me: Uhm, I am only interested in permanent positions.

Recruiter: May I ask why you don't want to contract?

Me: (Sigh) It's just my preference. I have personal reasons.

Recruiter: What about contract-to-hire?

Me: Sir, I believe I made it clear that I am only interested in permanent
positions. If you give me your e-mail address I will be happy to send you my
resume' and you can contact me when you find a permanent position.

Recruiter: Not even a three month contract-to-hire?

And it goes on . . . ;-)

-jp

Teknekron Infoswitch is now e-talk Corporation. Visit our website at www.e-talkcorp.com.