Ratio of tech writers to developers

Subject: Ratio of tech writers to developers
From: Gilda_Spitz -at- markham -dot- longview -dot- ca
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:09:46 -0400

I'm trying to remember something I saw in this list a long time ago. I
wonder if someone can send me a quick confirmation:

For software companies, I seem to remember seeing a recommended ratio of
tech writers to developers. I think it was 1 tech writer per 4 to 5
developers - is that correct?

As a bonus question, where did this information come from? STC? or just
common knowledge?

Gilda Spitz
Manager of Documentation
Longview Solutions Inc.