RE: Subject: Frame and macros

Subject: RE: Subject: Frame and macros
From: "walden miller" <wmiller -at- vidiom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:45:20 -0600

> Bear wrote:
> >> My department is considering switching from Word to Frame.
> >> I'm comfortable with using VBA to customize our Word
> >> application. Is there a similar capability in Frame?
> >> I.E. is there a macro or scripting language for Frame?

>someone else wrote:
> As has been noted, only in UNIX.
> The lack of a macro or scripting language is only one of several very
> important
> features that Frame for Windows is missing, relative to Word.

While the Windows version of Frame lacks a macro capability, it does have
the ability to create your own menus, key bindings, etc. for a full command
set (which is not documented other than a pointer to a commands file).
The ability to use the full command set along with Frames standard feature
set goes a long way to make up for a lack of macros.

The (un)official Adobe word on macros in Mac and Win has historically been
that there are third party macro products available. This is silly and
merely passes the buck, a tried and true Adobe method of pissing customers
off.

walden miller