Re: Recruiters

Subject: Re: Recruiters
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:34:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:

[SNIPPAGE]

> I've never had a worst interview, even when I was starting out.
> But, come to think of it, this is less a recruiter horror story
> than an interview horror story. Also, I had noticed that the
> company had a high turnover, and I wasn't screening the
> interviews I was going to very carefully just then, so the fault
> was partly mine.

I've followed this thread with interest, but I've refrained from commenting
because of the subjective nature of the topic. There are no-good, rotten
scoundrels in the recruiting business, and there are decent, hardworking
recruiters, too. Sometimes it comes down to the interaction between
individuals.

I would agree that it is always wise for the user of recruiting services to
beware and to accept responsibility for their own mistakes, when they are made.
It is rare in my own experience when I can put ALL the blame of someone else's
actions. I have usually connived in my own problems by not doing enough of the
right kind of careful research before I get into a situation.

Bruce's advice seems worth remembering. Usually when things foul up, there's
enough blame to go around. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems