RE: Inteviews from Heck

Subject: RE: Inteviews from Heck
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

A couple of people have asked these questions, so I
thought I'd post the answer to the list.

> So Jeff, it looks like:
> * You didn't impress them with your
organization or
> preparation skills.
> * You didn't impress them with an neat, orderly>
portfolio.
> * You didn't even impress them with a resume.

That's a big nope on all of those: The thing is that I
am very organized and very efficient. I honestly don't
know what happened (maybe there was a subconscious
betrayal at work...who knows?).

> The question is, did you get the job?

Nope. Despite the fact that they said they'd call me
to let me know one way or another, I never heard from
the company again. About a month later, I saw a new ad
for the position on one of the Internet job boards.

>my experience has been that you
> get plenty of no's in the
> early times. Then the yes's come much more
> frequently, and often when you're
> not even on the market.

I hope more start rolling in...I like my current
position, but it's a contract and will probably
end in about a year. Experience, however, makes all
the
difference.

=====
Jeff Hanvey