RE: Recruiter Question: Clear Point

Subject: RE: Recruiter Question: Clear Point
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "Jason A. Czekalski" <topsidefarm -at- mva -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:29:17 -0700

I have to step in and say I worked for a recruiter for 5 years and this recruiter and his company were very good to me. I received benefits, training when I needed it, and advice any time. This recruiter was an added benefit.

I've worked for bad recruiters too, but no longer than it took to finish the contract and find another job. The good recruiters are worth looking for and good for staying with.

Marilynne

At 04:54 PM 6/30/00, Jason A. Czekalski wrote:

"Jim Lynch" <jim -at- jimlynch -dot- com> wrote:

<< I'll be in touch with the other recruiter (Clearpoint) next week.
Same deal
goes for them in terms of the price, I'm not going below that here in
Boston. >>

If you have the experience to back you up, you'll get it. I wish I could
command that level of pay. The fact is I just don't have that kind of
experience. However, my base rate is firm, and I will never take a job
below that rate. So far, I've been able to stay fully employed.

The one problem I have with this whole thread is the very idea of
recruiters. So far, I have not landed a single job through a recruiter
(I live in southern NH and work in MA, so I know the local market Jim is
talking about). My general assessment of the profession is that they are
either incompetent or sleazy, or some combination thereof. And before
Andrew jumps on my case, let me explain.
<snip>
Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM