Re: New XML mailing list

From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 13:00:02 -0700

Michael Smith <smith -at- io -dot- com> wrote:

> On Friday, June 30, 2000, Barry House wrote:
>
>> Can you recommend any resources that clearly explain XML for
>> those of us who could grasp and even use HTML but are still a
>> little muddled on the larger concept of SGML?
>
> I can certainly point you toward a couple of resources I know
> about myself, but I think if you go ahead and post your question
> to XML-DOC, you'll probably get a better range of recommendations
> than I can provide on my own.

(*snip*)

Just one resource that seems to be working for me.

At CodeWarriorU (http://www.codewarrioru.com), they are offering a
free course in XML.

Problem: the text is "XML For Dummies," which didn't actually get
rave reviews at amazon.com. On the plus side, it was the first edition
that got the bad reviews; we're using the 2nd edition.

The course content (i.e., what the instructor has us read before she
turns us lose on the book and text editor) seems good.

Tere's a class in session, but you should still be able to audit the
class.

> Hope that helps,

Yeah, what he said! :o)

--gdw

> Mike Smith

Obligatory .sig:

"Hi! The check is in the mail. Sorry its two years late. Sorry I
overestimated my checking account balance. Sorry I stopped payment on
it ... so, when it does get there, tear it up, will you?"
--Snippet of a nightmare of a small business owner