JavaHelp or WebHelp

Subject: JavaHelp or WebHelp
From: Manjeet Singh <msingh -at- scort -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 15:20:57 +0200

Hi,

I use FrameMaker to produce documentation for our software (programmed
in Java). We are in the process of selecting a cross-platform help
system, and have narrowed down our list to JavaHelp and WebHelp. I think
that WebWorks Publisher can produce help systems in both formats.

Could somebody on this forum talk about the strong and weak points of
JavaHelp and WebHelp?

I've been told that the main drawback of JavaHelp is that it needs the
JVM (Java Virtual Machine) to run.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Manjeet Singh
Technical Writer