Re: JavaHelp or WebHelp

Subject: Re: JavaHelp or WebHelp
From: Wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com
To: msingh -at- scort -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:29:41 EDT

Manjeet asks about the benefits of JavaHelp vs
WebHelp. Would all respondents please post to the
list?

I've just recently inherited a help system (RoboHelp 3.x) that
has to be revamped for JavaHelp. Robo supports JavaHelp,
but I'm finding that converting a Windows-destined system
to a JavaHelp-destined system is godawful ... inconsistent
formatting, broken links, files that revert to a previous version
after a 'save project' operation followed by closing the
system. AND ... Robo periodically decides it cannot save to
the existing .dba file and saves to a new one with an
absolutely incomprehensible naming structure.

So ... if anyone out there has created JavaHelp successfully
using RoboHTML Pro, please contact me. I'd love to
benefit from your experiences.

Anne Halsey
wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com