Re: Management priorities (was JavaHelp or WebHelp)

Subject: Re: Management priorities (was JavaHelp or WebHelp)
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Mark Dempsey <dempseys3 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "List, Techwriter" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

Obviously, you hope that your decision doesn't (excuse the pun), blow
up in your face, and I'm sure that there was some poor schmuck at
Ford will regret for the rest of his life something he may have
overlooked. However, for every decision such as that, there are
hundreds of other balancing acts that are performed every day, most
with positive results...look at how the economy is keeping
productivity going forward up inspite of not having enough people.

--- Mark Dempsey <dempseys3 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> Mr. Posada's point is well taken, however, I have to wonder whether
> the
> engineers at Ford said the same thing as they designed the Pinto's
> gas
> tank.

> John Posada wrote:
> > Nothing personal, but worse is "In Your Opinion". The company
> might
> > have had other priorities.
> > For argument's sake:
> > Your Priority - help desk response went from 5 minute to 15
> minute
> > response and 15% of the customers are grumbling.
> > Their Priority - help desk went from 20 people to 3 people,
> saving
> > $1,800,000 in labor and 85% of the customers are OK with this.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://im.yahoo.com/