Re: SMEs

Subject: Re: SMEs
From: "Sierra Godfrey" <kittenbreath -at- hotbot -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:44:55 -0700

Dan Roberts wrote:
>I get the sense that you're kinda dropping review drafts on the SMEs desk,
>willynilly, w/o a schedule of draft production, perhaps w/o coordinating your
>draft production with the SW development cycle?

No, that wasn't how it went. I made it clear, and worked with the other engineer on this (the one who didn't go on vacation), my deadline.

ALthough I was not dropping reviews all over the place, there was not a real schedule, at least not one I could point to and say "see? Look at this! this schedule is the LAw!"

>Sure, you have to tailor your plan, but probably not according to the SME, but >to milestones in the development process. For example: deliver srafts for>component level testing, system testing, release to QA, beta release, etc. (of >course, I'm assuming that the development cycle is this advanced, and not simply
>fly-by-night coding).

Yes, no project of mine will ever go forward without this kind of system in place.

If your SME is going to be silly enough to take a month
>off, with his own project milestones looming ahead, you've got more serious
>problems than just having a recalcitrant SME.

We all know it here.

Sierra

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com