Read-only PDF Files?

Subject: Read-only PDF Files?
From: "Pollich, Peter" <peter -dot- pollich -at- supertracks -dot- com>
To: "'Techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <Techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:07:36 -0700

Folks,

I could have sworn it was possible to create read-only PDF Docs from Word
docs. Unfortunately, when I attempt to do so I can't find any sort of option
in Acrobat 4.05, nor mention of it in the Adobe documentation. The Adobe
website doesn't mention it either.

Am I imagining things, or is it just not possible? The reason for this is a
rather meager attempt to prevent code from being easily copied (as opposed
to typed out) by competitors.

Thanks.

Peter Pollich
Technical Writer