RE: Auto numbering in Page numbers

Subject: RE: Auto numbering in Page numbers
From: "John Locke" <mail -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "Madeline Bechtold" <talking_rain -at- hotmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 12:25:28 -0700

I've done a workaround by putting a bookmark on the last page of the
document, then using a PAGEREF field to that bookmark in the header or
footer instead of NUMPAGES. This workaround has the added benefit of using
the last page number, instead of the total number of pages. If you start
numbering your pages after the title page and TOC, this solution works
great.

This solution works for documents moving back and forth between Word 97 and
Word 2000, and requires no macros or service releases.

--John Locke
http://www.freelock.com