RE: naming conventions for images

Subject: RE: naming conventions for images
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:11:49 -0700 (PDT)

I make the graphics name as descriptive as possible...around here, I
don't worry about UNIX, but all spaces are always underscore lines or
no space.

User_Management_Groups.gif

or

UserManagementGroups.gif

--- Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> --- Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com> wrote:
> > However, in each
> > folder all of the images
> > were named "Image1.gif", "Image2.gif", etc. This, of
> > course, proved rather
> > impractical when looking for a specific image and
> > required the use of image
> > browsing software like ACDSee to locate a particular
> > graphic.
>
> Agreed. This naming convention isn't very friendly.
>
> > We don't worry about length,

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

Only in America... do they have drive-up ATM machines
with Braille lettering

http://mail.yahoo.com/