RE. What's another name for QA?

Subject: RE. What's another name for QA?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "'Shannon Kornis'" <real_mccoy97 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:07:00 -0400

Shannon Kornis needs <<... to rename our QA Dept. Don't ask why... What is
another widely known name for Quality Assurnace? I hate to call it the
testers or the testing dept.>>

Why? <g> OK, since you asked: how about "user satisfaction", "usability
testing" (in the hope that the name carries mystical significance that will
eventually persuade them to let you do some usability testing), "technical
editing", or "product verification"?

None of these really seems as good as "quality control", but that seems not
to be in the cards for you.

--Geoff Hart, FERIC, Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"Technical writing... requires understanding the audience, understanding
what activities the user wants to accomplish, and translating the often
idiosyncratic and unplanned design into something that appears to make
sense."--Donald Norman, The Invisible Computer

Previous by Author: Read-only PDF files?
Next by Author: Skills and breaking into tech. comm.?
Previous by Thread: Réf. : Help - I'm brain-dead! What's another name for QA
Next by Thread: RE. What's another name for QA?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads