Help with XML?

Subject: Help with XML?
From: MARIE CLEAR <MARIE -dot- CLEAR -at- morningstar -dot- com>
To: 'TECHWR-L' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:37:15 -0500

I wrote before about needing help with a data dictionary and I got a lot of
to help, please tell us." So, it looks like many of us are in the same
boat.

Has anyone out there tried to manage documentation so that source text is
stored in one place and linked in where it's needed? We figure, if we're
using a web browser as the front end, and the data dictionary text is in a
very fixed, standard format, XML is a natural. But do we have to build a
back-end data entry piece from scratch? And what about managing the
front-end display? And can you have XML entries that contain links pointing
to other XML entries?

Any tales of managing document creation this way is very welcome (and not
just by me). Any tales of managing documentation this way for the web is
very, very welcome. And if XML is involved, I owe you drinks.

Thanks,
Marie