Any more ideas on demonstrating the documentation process?

Subject: Any more ideas on demonstrating the documentation process?
From: GEORGE Grider 901/360-4002 <ggrider -at- fedex -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:04:16 -0500

TECHWRLers,

Last fall Lorinda Harris came up with an interesting way to demonstrate
the exciting and often daunting role we tech writers play
documenting murky and ever changing processes.

Lorinda's exercise involved having managers write a how-to for building
a paper airplane.

Jason Willebeek-LeMair's idea was allow them to do it with food. In his
case, a PB&J sandwhich. I have a morning meeting, with donuts being
served.

Has anybody else had experience in allowing managers to wear the
scribe's hallowed hat? I'm looking for a 10-15 minute demonstration. The
airplane idea sounds pretty good, but I fear some of them wouldn't know
how to build such an exotic toy (i.e. non-electonic). What other simple
household gadgets might there be that would work on a conference room
table? Anybody else have experiences to report?

Many thanks, all of you.

George Grider