Re: naming conventions for images

Subject: Re: naming conventions for images
From: "Dawson McKnight" <dawson_mcknight -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:09:09 EDT

One more comment about whether to use 8.3 file names for graphics. A developer on my team finally chimed in. Here's what he says:

"Most Unix systems can only read ISO9660 filesystems on CD. This filesystem only allows 8.3 filenames."

So, in sum (at least according to my sources), 8.3 is a Unix CD limitation. Otherwise, you don't need to abide by it. Macs are another story all together, I suppose, and I have no answer as far as they are concerned.

Regards,

Dawson