New to the List/RoboHelp

Subject: New to the List/RoboHelp
From: "Roz Weitzman" <rozw -at- planeteer -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:37:30 -0400

Thanks for this great list -- this is my first post!

A couple of months ago, I wrote the WinHelp for the software that I had
previously written the manual for with Word 2000, and used RoboHelp. I had
not used it before so I bought the Dummies book for reference because the
RoboHelp manuals didn't give me what I needed. Some of my initial questions
were answered through their website. RoboHelp interfaces with Word and I
found it very easy to use! Can't help you with the comparison to other help
authoring software though, sorry!

HOPE THE SUN'S SHINING ON YOU WHEREVER YOU ARE!
Roz Weitzman in Toronto, CANADA

Technical/Documentation Writer

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:58:05 GMT
From: "Cayenne Woods"<cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
Subject: Re[2]: What is a White Paper?

Hi all

Have just signed on, lots of good information here. I'm in a new job and
need to
learn a help authoring system - quick, if possible. They've been using
something
called HelpHikes, which there's little or no tutorial/learning info on. We
want
to upgrade anyway, and I'll have to decide when and to what, but I'm looking
at
ForeHelp and RoboHelp today. I'm leaning toward ForeHelp, because reviews

say
it's quick to learn and comes with good tutorials. But also considering
whether
we'll need to be more "industry standard" later.

So, how hard _is_ RoboHelp, in folks' opinions, and what does it have that
ForeHelp hasn't got? I've read reviews, am familiar with the issue of
linking to
Word or not, but what else?

Thanks for any help
Cayenne