RE: Anyone used DemoShield?

Subject: RE: Anyone used DemoShield?
From: Robert Hooker <rlhooker -at- flashcom -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 19 Jul 2000 11:04:01 -0700

I'll have to second Philip's opinion on DemoShield vs Macrodmedia Director. I had the same situation a couple of years ago. The project was supposed to be quick and dirty, but feature-creep and my own insistence on doing things right led me to Director over DemoShield. As he said, the learning curve is steep. It's very helpful if you already know Visual Basic or another object-oriented programming language before diving into Director. And Director, at least 6.5, is buggy. It's also almost twice the cost of DemoShield but I think the results are worth it.

Another alternative to think about is the low end - PowerPoint. It's quite amazing what you can do with the latest version. PowerPoint can do most of what either Director or DemoShield can do, but with far less expense and hassle.

If you need something that can do the ultimate in whiz bang effects or sophisticated navigation, and cost and learning curve are not major issues, look at Director. If you don't need those things, look at PowerPoint.