Salary?

Subject: Salary?
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:09:50 -0500

Food for thought on salary.

The Dallas Morning News released a story today commenting on some numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

http://dallasnews.com/business/114063_wages_19bus.AR.html

The story states the employees in Dallas-Fort Worth area averaged a wage of $17.05.

Now I'd like to see more data on the people who were surveyed, but it seems to me that were have to be a ton of really big salaries out there to counter balance the mass of unskilled/semi-skilled positions that earn between $6 and $12 and hour.

Perhaps someone can track down the source document. Apparently the Bureau also compiled the same figures for other cities. You might find this information useful.

-Jonathan Soukup
jsoukup -at- at-track -dot- com