single-space vs. double-space

Subject: single-space vs. double-space
From: David Strausfeld <david -dot- strausfeld -at- emotion -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:35:26 -0400

Has anybody else noticed the following autocorrect feature in Microsoft
Word? I like to double space between sentences. Call me old fashioned but
that's the way I learned it in school. But whenever I cut and paste
sentences within a document, Word replaces my double space with a single
space. I've gone into the Options menu to try to turn off this
particularly annoying autocorrect feature but can't seem to do it. Can it
be done?

Also, come to think of it, is there still a way to choose single-space or
double-space in Word? If there is, I don't know where it went. I seem to
remember it used to be there. I guess for conversions to HTML, it's easier
if Word documents use single spacing. Still, my old elementary school
teachers would not approve...

Dave Strausfeld
Vienna, VA