Any way to convert postscript to an editable format?

Subject: Any way to convert postscript to an editable format?
From: rickk -at- slmd -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:31:16 -0700

If this isn't the right group to ask this question, please point me to the
right group (off list).

We have some old postscript files that we would like to edit, but the
original Framemaker files they were created from were lost in a disk crash
some years ago. Is there anyway of converting a postscript file to some
format that is editable? Obviously, the least lost of formatting the
better, but even converstion to unformatted ASCII would be better than
nothing.