Word 97 "file corrupt" error

Subject: Word 97 "file corrupt" error
From: Uma <uma_catherine -at- usa -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 27 Jul 00 17:55:21 IST

Hi,

I have a Word 97 document that displays an error message before opening. The
message says that the file might be corrupt and recommends that I cut and
paste the contents into a new file. I tried this but the error message still
comes up.

I found another recommended solution on the Net for this, but the solution
assumed that the file was created from a master document and its subdocuments,
which does not hold true for my document.

Yet another recommended solution was to save it as an HTML file and then again
as a Word 97 file in Word 2000. This has worked for another document with an
identical problem but not for the document in question (well, inscrutable are
the ways of Word!).

The document works fine otherwise but being a customer deliverable, it can't
go with this error.

Does anybody have any other solution?

Thanks,

Uma