TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:RE: colour of an anchored frame in FrameMaker From:Linda Hughes <lhughes -at- novametrix -dot- com> To:TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> Date:Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:03:09 -0400
You need to use the Tools Palette.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the FrameMaker window. The
- Click on the anchored frame
- Click the outline button (left, 9th from top)
- Select the outline style you want (note: these are shown in black, but are
really just a designation for solid color vs. a pattern)
- Click the Fill button (8th from top). Choose fill design.
- Click the Color button, choose your color (Custom colors can be added, but
that's a bit more involved).
- Click the Tint button, if needed, and choose a percentage of fill.
Note: If you don't see the text you typed into the anchored frame, select
the frame and click on Graphics>Send to back. Text frames and graphic frames
behave a bit differently--also more than I can get into here.
Hope that helps. Please feel free to contact me again if you have any more
Novametrix Medical Systems, Inc.
lhughes -at- novametrix -dot- com