RE: Tool question: Lotus Screencam

Subject: RE: Tool question: Lotus Screencam
From: "MacLemale, Laura A. (LNG-MBC)" <Laura -dot- A -dot- MacLemale -at- bender -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:02:50 -0400

Hello,

I need to update the Screencams in an existing tutorial, but I haven't used
the tool in about a year. I have been able to open and edit the scripts in
Screencam 2.1. However, when I run the application that I'm documenting and
try to begin recording, I get an error message:

"This version of ScreenCam will only record screen activity in Windows 95.
Use Lotus ScreenCam Release 2.0 to record screen activity in Windows 3.1."

However, I am not running in Windows 3.1! I am running ScreenCam 2.1 on
Windows NT4, but using lower resolution to record the screen graphics. I
upgraded my screen settings from 640 x 480 to 800 x 600 (256 color), but I
am still getting the error message.

I've also checked the settings in ScreenCam, and found no indication that
the program "thinks" it's running in Windows 3.1.

I believe that I still have access to ScreenCam 2.0 on our network, but I'm
getting error messages when I try to open the script files in that format. I
have ten ScreenCams to re-shoot, and I'm not understanding these error
messages. (Ironically, we are updating ScreenCams that had been recorded in
Windows 3.1 to indicate a software upgrade.)

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting these error messages? Time is
beginning to be of the essence on this project, so any insight you have
would be appreciated! Please e-mail me directly at
Laura -dot- A -dot- MacLemale -at- bender -dot- com, as I receive the digest.

Many TIA!

Laura A. MacLemale
Technical Communications Coordinator
Matthew Bender, part of LEXIS Publishing
1275 Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
Phone (518) 487-3465
Fax (518) 487-3681
Laura -dot- A -dot- MacLemale -at- bender -dot- com