Re: OT: Music

Subject: Re: OT: Music
From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:27:58 -0700

At 12:37 PM -0700 7/27/2000, John Posada wrote:
>A while back, we discussed music that you listen to while working and
>several people mentioned that they download music MP3 files.
>
>I don't want to turn this into a discussion and won't participate in
>it, but the injunction was delivered to shut it down effective tonight.

"It" is a bit ambiguous. The music-trading service, Napster, is under such
an injunction. But that doesn't mean anyone can't listen to music in the
MP3 file format, or use other services that provide music in this format,
or trade music via other similar services. It's only the specific company
whose service is being shut down.

(Not meaning to contribute to off-topic-hood, just to clarify.)

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed -at- jaedworks -dot- com
http://www.jaedworks.com