RE: Graphics, Graphics, Graphics One Last Time

Subject: RE: Graphics, Graphics, Graphics One Last Time
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:10:25 -0400

I think that we who document software can learn a lot from the hardware
types.
Are we not all documenting tools?

User software is a machine. Programming languages are machine tools. (I was
going bracket those last two sentences with a metaphor label, but I think
they are technically correct, not metaphorical.)

As for graphics, graphics, graphics - yes, yes, yes.

Note, however, that one piece of successful non-graphic documentation
(described in this thread) relied on the TEXT LABELS on the device. Good
text labels in a GUI (or on a device) make a big difference. (For example:
If the USB port has USB stamped below it, you can write: Stick the USB cable
into the port labeled USB.)

Jim Shaeffer
jims -at- spsi -dot- com