RE: Graphics! Graphics! Graphics!

Subject: RE: Graphics! Graphics! Graphics!
From: Mike Starr <writstar -at- wi -dot- net>
To: bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com (Bruce Byfield), techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:23:32 -0500

Bruce Byfield ssay...
> "Michael West" <mwest -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com> wrote:
>
> |What's the point? And the maintenance overhead -- ouch!
>
> The maintenance is costly, but it can be worth the effort. It
> partly depends on what tool you're using, and how you're
> organized your graphic files. If the same graphic appears more
> than once, a steady rhythm of Copy-Search-Paste is pretty easy to
> maintain all afternoon - so long, at least, as you have music or
> some other distraction to keep you awake.

Well, I link all my graphics. If I use the same graphic more than once,
all I have to do is change the graphic file and all occurrences of the
graphic are automatically updated in the document. No muss, no fuss. No
maintenance.

Mike

--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator