Adobe Training Questions

Subject: Adobe Training Questions
From: "Shannon Morris" <shannon -dot- morris -at- gen21 -dot- com>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:01:10 -0600

I want to thank everyone who responded to me about their programming
experience. I very much appreciated your comments and suggestions. I will
send a summarized version for the list if people are interested.

I know have another question I hope you all can help me with. I am looking
at signing up for Adobe FrameMaker+SGML training. We have decided this is
the best product for our needs and I being new to TechWriting have no
experience with this product. Being the lone Tech Writer here I had some
questions that I wanted to put to you.

1. Having done some extensive searching on the web and at Adobe' site I
have found only 1 'reliable' firm that will offer training here in Denver.
(What I mean by reliable is that of the 4 listed on Adobe's site only two
had Web sites, only one of those worked the aforementioned. I sent an
e-mail to the other two several days ago and have heard nothing). I want to
know if you can recommend a place here in Denver (surrounding area) for
training.

2. The company I am considering suggested I take their Complete FrameMaker
course (Basic, Intermediate, &Advanced) before adventuring into their
Authoring Course using FrameMaker+SGML. If I do this how difficult is
it/will it be to teach myself the authoring aspects of FrameMaker+SGML? I
am pretty computer literate (prodigy of programmers) and have self-taught
myself several programming languages.

3. They are still only training on V 5.5.6 and we are planning on
purchasing V 6.0. They are waiting on the course materials from Adobe for V
6.0. Are the versions all that different? Should I wait?

Thanks a lot.

I only receive the digest and I am in and out of training all week so any

Shannon Morris
Sr. Technical Writer
Generation21 Learning Systems
1536 Cole Blvd, Ste 250