Re: informational interview questions

Subject: Re: informational interview questions
From: "Lois Patterson" <lois -at- dowco -dot- com>
To: <techwr-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:22:13 -0700

Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com> wrote:

> The reason I state the above is that I used to work with a TW that was the
> female version of me. When we were looking for another TW to join us, we
knew
> that a timid person would be intimidated by our (combined) self confidence
and
> (somewhat loud) extravertedness.

Perhaps a timid person would, but a quiet, introverted person would not
necessarily be, and timidity and quietness are not the same, nor does being
quiet indicate lack of self-confidence. I don't think you're necessarily
saying this is so, but it does sound like you would discriminate against
introverts. Personally, as an introvert, I very much enjoy working with
self-confident extroverts.

Lois Patterson