Re: informational interview questions

Subject: Re: informational interview questions
From: Barry Kieffer <bkieffer -at- ims -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:54:26 -0700 (PDT)

Lois writes:
> Perhaps a timid person would, but a quiet, introverted person would not
> necessarily be, and timidity and quietness are not the same, nor does being
> quiet indicate lack of self-confidence. I don't think you're necessarily
> saying this is so, but it does sound like you would discriminate against
> introverts.

Yes, discrimination... It is all to common in hiring. It should be that the
person with the best skill set gets the job; reality is often different.

The applicant has to be a fit with the TW's already working there. You can not
come out and say this because it is not legally defensible. What you can do is
tell HR that this applicant's skill set does not match the criteria for the
position. That IS legally defensible, and you can always find some pick-snikkly
thing to defend your decision.

> Personally, as an introvert, I very much enjoy working with
> self-confident extroverts.

And most extroverts would love to hire an introvert! Extroverts can talk about
everything, anything, way to much, and way to often, debate everything way too
much, that they need an introvert to actually get the work done! (Grin)