Re: Book to learn XML?

Subject: Re: Book to learn XML?
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:30:27 -0700

At 01:41 PM 8/31/00 -0400, Jessica N. Lange wrote:

So now it looks like I might need to learn XML
(for document publishing not ecommerce or
some web application.) I've got a long list of
web resources, but what I'd really like is a
book I can take home & curl up with. And
guess what? there are *dozens* of books
on XML!

Can anyone recommend a good book on XML
that is aimed at a techwriter, or at least at
publishing documents (as in user manuals,
help, bulletins, and so on) and *not* at
B2B ecommerce or the like?
==================================
The XML Bible, published by IDG Books Worldwide, Inc.,
ISBN: 0-7645-3236-7 is quite thorough, and includes
a CD that let's you explore the XML examples in the book.
The CD also has other goodies.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.