How Many Belong to Professional Organizations? (was RE: Salary Review)

Subject: How Many Belong to Professional Organizations? (was RE: Salary Review)
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:
> However, the range of responses may also suggest that the survey
> draws from too small a sample to be accurate. First, it draws
> only from the STC - that is, from only 20-50% of tech-writers,
> depending on the area. Second, it includes only STC members who
> bother to respond.

The quoted part of Bruce's comment got me to wondering. It's not that I
question Bruce's accuracy; besides 20-50% is a wide enough range to
cover his ass <g>.

But maybe that would be a good survey question for Deb Ray sometime. I
wonder how many of us DO belong to one or another of the professional
organizations? (I belonged to STC some years ago, but haven't for some
time and haven't felt the need to belong.)

=====
Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems