RE: Book to learn XML?

Subject: RE: Book to learn XML?
From: "RUBOTTOM, AL" <ARUBOTTOM -at- SENSORMATIC -dot- COM>
To: "'Jessica N. Lange'" <jlange -at- oee -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:06:51 -0700

Dan_E recommended The XML Bible.

Also worthy is the XML Black Book, by Natanya Pitts-Moultis & Cheryl Kirk
[Coriolis].
It is document-centric, as opposed to ecommerce-oriented or -slanted, and
does a good job laying out the case for XML, the hows, whys & lots more. It
has a CD with lotsa stuff, of course.

Amazon sez it's out-of-print [it was pub'd in March '99], but my local tech
bookseller, http://booksmatter.com , has it in stock for immediate shipment,
at $40, $10 off the $50 list price.
[Powell's has it too, new at full price, used at $32.50 ...]