Re: informational interview questions

Subject: Re: informational interview questions
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: <BLUEALLAH -at- aol -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:15:06 +1100

Erica asks:

> In a few weeks, I'll be heading to San Francisco for a visit.
> [...] Can y'all recommend questions I should definitely ask
> to get a good feel of a full-time tech comm job?

It's been a few years since I lived in San
Fran, but I think you'd do well to lose the
"y'all", for starters. But maybe that's just
me being an insufferable snob.

Your questions seem well-focused to me.
You might want to change the wording
of "how do you get along with the
programmers" -- which seems to invite
a one-word answer -- to "what techniques
work best for getting good information from
the programmers and other SMEs?"

Michael West
Melbourne, Australia