Re: Font Size

Subject: Re: Font Size
From: "Michael West" <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:50:12 +1100

Cédric Simard asks:

> Has everybody used odd font size in
> technical documents? Is not it better
> to use even font size?

I can't quite make out what your question is really about,
because "odd" can mean many different things in English.

I've used 7pt. type, 11.5 pt type, and other 'odd' sizes,
with no problems that I know of. Is this what you mean
by 'odd'? Do you mean mixing different sizes in the same
publication -- a standard practice?

Can I assume that you are already aware that "font sizes"
are different across different typefaces? In other words,
one typeface at, say, 10 pts will have larger or smaller glyphs
(characters) than another typeface at 10 pt.

Michael West
Melbourne, Australia