RE: Justified or Not

Subject: RE: Justified or Not
From: Christi Carew <ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com>
To: 'Michael West' <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:41:51 -0700

> But I would encourage interested readers to look for books
> by authors like Roger C. Parker, Jan White, Daniel Will-Haris,
> Frank J. Romano, Edward Tufte, and Sumner Stone.

> Also, visit a good bookshop and browse through the graphics
> and typography books. This is a rich tradition going back
> centuries, and it makes the whole history of desktop publishing
> look anemic and paltry by comparison.
>
> Christi asks for a "study." Christi, the best study you can get is
> your own study of what the masters have done, and what your
> own eyes tell you about what succeeds and what fails, and why.

Ok, I obviously used the wrong wording here. I don't care if it's a study, a
book, or your very own reasoning (however rational it may or may not be). I
just wanted some more info. I saw lots of spouting of this is better here,
that's better there. I just wanted to see some supportive evidence.
I have looked at some typography books, granted not many. I haven't seen
much verbiage on the "pro" side of full justification. And I personally
don't like it.
However, given some resources -- like the people you mention above -- is a
great resource (as well as seeing what has and hasn't been done).

Christi Carew
ccarew -at- rangestar -dot- com

RangeStar Wireless
www.rangestar.com

All communication contained in this e-mail is entirely my own and is not
necessarily endorsed by my co-workers or employer.